- SWAT Reading Skills Program A SuccessPosted 20 hours ago
- Election ResultsPosted 4 days ago
- VotePosted 4 days ago
- High Streamflow Advisory Issued For Lower FraserPosted 5 days ago
- Portage Park Tennis Courts Renamed In Honor Of Dorothy KostrzewaPosted 9 days ago
- Sumas LakePosted 9 days ago
- Join Michael Halliday Of The Excalibur Party For A Meet & Greet On May 7Posted 12 days ago
- You Are Here – UFV April 26 To May 27Posted 12 days ago
The Arts: Chilliwack Arts Council Presents 'Little Women'
The Chilliwack Arts Council is presenting ‘Little Women’, a musical by Allan Knee, lyrics by Mindi Dickstein, and music by Jason Howland Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Based on Louisa May Alcott’s classic 1869 semi-autobiographical novel, it focuses on the four March sisters – brassy, tomboy-like, aspiring writer Jo, romantic Meg, pretentious Amy, and kind-hearted Beth – and their beloved Marmee, at home in Concord, Massachusetts while the family patriarch is away serving as a Union Army chaplain during the Civil War. Intercut with the vignettes in which their lives unfold are several recreations of the melodramatic short stories Jo writes in her attic studio.
Thursday, Friday and Saturday shows, Aug 5 – 8 at 7:30pm and Sunday at 2:00pm