- SWAT Reading Skills Program A SuccessPosted 16 hours ago
- Election ResultsPosted 3 days ago
- VotePosted 4 days ago
- High Streamflow Advisory Issued For Lower FraserPosted 5 days ago
- Portage Park Tennis Courts Renamed In Honor Of Dorothy KostrzewaPosted 8 days ago
- Sumas LakePosted 9 days ago
- Join Michael Halliday Of The Excalibur Party For A Meet & Greet On May 7Posted 12 days ago
- You Are Here – UFV April 26 To May 27Posted 12 days ago
The Arts: A Review Of The Art Of The Portrait Opening Reception
Editor’s note: The Art of the Portrait is presented by the Chilliwack Visual Artists Association . CVAA Members are challenged to create portrait images in their own particular style and media [Click On Image For Full Story], resulting in an eclectic display of paintings, drawings, sculpture ceramics and textiles, all with a common theme.
By Mary Chalmers Main. The reception was very well attended, and the 70 people who came, enjoyed it, and found it very interesting. Some of the comments included, “Awesome; Very high quality; Very impressive; Quite a fabulous adventure; Loved it; Interesting mix of media” and, ‘Lots of interesting perspectives. “
The members of the Visual Arts Association were very pleased with the success of this opening reception for the first and only exhibition open to all of their members in the Art Gallery in 2012. There certainly was a mixture of techniques and media. Fiber art was well represented, also whimsy, amusing pieces, glass and other sculptures, pastels, acrylic and oils portraits, plus some excellent photography including work by the late, and very much missed Jim Britton.
The exhibition continues in the Cultural Centre Art gallery until August 25th. Don’t miss it!
The Gallery Hours are as follows:
Wednesday to Saturday
Noon – 5pm
Open 6-8 on show evenings
Below are some examples of the Portrait Art displayed at the show: