- Robyn & Ryleigh Summer Concerts Announced, Album Out July 17Posted 3 hours ago
- The Austerity Trap … It Doesn’t WorkPosted 3 days ago
- Stó:lō Issues: Kwitsel Tatel’s Victory – It’s About TimePosted 10 days ago
- Results Of 2nd Leg Of Trailblazer SeriesPosted 12 days ago
- The Top 7 Reasons Why It’s A Terrible Time To Buy Real EstatePosted 14 days ago
- Classic Meets Contemporary At Annual Car ShowPosted 21 days ago
- JAAZPosted 27 days ago
- FHA Warns – Exercise Proper BBQ HygienePosted 32 days ago
Satire: Chester Introduces Himself
I’m pleased to introduce myself. My name is Chester and a lot of you will recognize me, if only in spirit. I’ve worked many jobs and even owned my own store but, I’ve recently come on hard times. I’m getting … just not in the style I’m used to.
I wander around the City a lot now. I’m doing my best to find work but work doesn’t seem to want me. I’ve been asked to share what I hear and see on the streets and I’ll be doing so when I hear or see something interesting.
For now: a little bit of wisdom I’ve learned …
We’re cold and it’s hard sometimes but we’re still together. Mrs Chester and I, that is. I keep telling her it’ll get warmer and better. And it will. It’s the waiting that’s hard.
Chester makes his way around the city on foot but he keeps track of what’s going on through the people he talks to. Chester talks a lot but he doesn’t say much that’s without some grain of truth.
If you want to tell Chester something send him an email at: Chester@chilliwacktoday.ca